Friday, November 22, 2019

President Trump remarks after touring Apple facilities in Austin, Texas

On November 20, 2019 President Donald J. Trump spoke to reporters after touring the Apple facility in Austin, Texas with CEO Tim Cook.

Courtesy of C-SPAN:




Office of the Press Secretary
REMARKS BY PRESIDENT TRUMP
AFTER TOUR OF APPLE MANUFACTURING PLANT

Flextronics International Ltd.
Austin, Texas
 
3:52 P.M. CST

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, thank you very much.  It's an honor to be here.  We're seeing the beginning of a very powerful and important plant.  And anybody that followed my campaign, I would always talk about Apple -- that I want to see Apple building plants in the United States.  And that’s what's happening.  And having -- Tim Cook is somebody that I greatly respect -- a great leader, a great businessman.  And it's a very special day.  For me, this is a very special day.

     Our country is doing well, probably better than ever before, certainly from the standpoint of the economy.  And we're in a state that I love: Texas.
 

Read the rest here